Tuesday, January 12, 2016

What's Your Stance!

This post is more of a meme, and its message is about racism and international peace regarding race and religion. I strongly agree with this post because throughout society, there is so much hate for a specific race or religion because of false assumptions, or racist stereotypes. I can to some extent understand why someone may be afraid of a Muslim because of fear and sometimes fear can be uncontrollable, especially with the recent terrorist attacks, but even this fear does not give us any right to hate a group of people! It isn't just not right, but inhumane to the extent that when someone hates without knowing a person, then the person hating the other is 'cold-hearted.'

http://www.cartoonaday.com/images/cartoons/2015/07/TRUMP-over-the-edge-cartoon-390x220.jpg
This political cartoon emphasizes that Donald Trump's plan to run the country is ridiculous-- his campaign is mainly run on his ego and wealth. Although he has money, which can sort of benefit the people, his personality is just "over the edge"--the only things that are keeping him 'high' in polls are his brutal, racist comments, and jokes that are highly insulting). My stance: he has no political experience, is rude, and is not suitable to be our President.

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you, stereotypes should not be something that causes us to make a general assumption on a group of people. One person's action does not define a a whole group of people but that one person, so people should refrain from making false and negative generalizations about others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the caption and picture- it is so simple, yet so powerful. I completely agree with what you said. I think that being able to accept each other, regardless of our different ethnicities, is essential. Turning against one another just because of our different skin colors or backgrounds won't solve anything in the long run. Blaming one entire race for something that one group of people did is utter madness. I'm finding it difficult to clearly articulate what I'm trying to get at with this, but the basic message that I'm trying to convey is that we need to figure out a way to love and accept one another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photo that you shown because it inspires people that people should love each other not hate. There are so much hate that it is causing the world destruction. How is the world going to have peace if there is always hate? I think it is inspiring that you think this way and so your message should be sent to everyone who thinks hatred will solve any of our problem. I also agree with Donald Trump. He is a moron and has no diplomacy. I have no idea what the people see in him. What is our country getting into?

    ReplyDelete